Narrator (ナレーター Narētā) often credited as Narration (ナレーション Narēshon) is a character in the Keroro Gunso anime. Even though he is the narrator of the series, characters occasionally interact with him.
The Narrator is shown wearing a traditional Kuroko outfit, often used for people who work on stages, and his mask has an N for Narrator.
In Funimation's Sgt. Frog, the Narrator frequently tends to break the fourth wall. The Narrator also tells Keroro that he isn't the best at making conversations. In the dub, he's usually extremely sarcastic and is constantly complaining about his job. He even quit once (in episode 23 of the Funimation Dub) for reasons regarding credibility. He returned later that episode because he decided the audience "couldn't live without him". The Narrator also mentioned that he gambles a lot and he has many gambling debts.
The original Narrator also appeared in the Keroro anime series, keeping his fourth wall breaking ways, although not as the new anime's main narrator.
The Serious-Style Narrator (シリアス調ナレーター Shiriasu-chō narētā) is a minor character featured in the Keroro Gunso anime.
After the Keroro Platoon, their Pekoponian friends, and the entire planet lose their voices. Narrator-San steps in, but after failing to narrate properly, Serious-Style Narrator pops in suddenly and starts to make everything sound dramatic, much to the dismay of the original Narrator and the platoon.
- The narrator rarely appears as himself in the series.
- He appears briefly in What a Wonderful Saturday.
- In the Funimation dub, the narrator said that he had kids.
- He mentioned that he likes golf.
- In the Funimation Dub, the Narrator says he wears 5 fur coats every time he records.
- It's unknown what the narrator's face looks like in the magna and anime since his mask hides his face.